Shared Value Client Projects
Strategy and implementation to improve access to tuberculosis drugs.
Creating a business and social impact fund.
- Mercy Corps
Developing strategy for shared value partnerships.
Curriculum development and facilitation of executive leadership training.
- See more shared value client projects >
Industry sectors with which we have extensive experience and representative clients include:
- Energy and Extractives
- Financial Services
- Food & Agriculture
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Retail & Consumer Goods
FSG is our ‘go to’ organization for advancing the state of the art in shared value.
Gary Cohen, Executive Vice President and President, Global Health and Development, Becton, Dickinson and Company
The FSG team is different from other consultants. They don't just throw out a bunch of recommendations and leave; they really care about helping us make an impact in the world and in our business.
Latondra Newton, Former Group Vice President, Social Innovation, Toyota Motor North America and Former Chief Program Officer, Toyota Mobility Foundation
A lot of times a consultant helps you put a notebook on the shelf. What we developed was a strategy that is tied to the corporate strategy and is having a direct impact on what we’re doing from a business and a social impact perspective. FSG helped us create the right tools, training, and process.
Rob Vallentine, President, The Dow Chemical Company Foundation and Director of Global Citizenship, The Dow Chemical Company
FSG was able to analyze the complex challenges in the cocoa sector in Côte d’Ivoire and propose a long-term road-map to fix them. The team has been highly engaged and committed, and played a key role in facilitating dialogue with the governments and a multitude of other key stakeholders.
Josef Toledano, Cocoa Sustainability Director—West Africa
Mars Global Chocolate
Mars Global Chocolate
How We Work
- Build a coherent vision of where and how your company can create shared value, and how to structure a process to get there—through analysis, visioning, and coaching.
- Identify key opportunities for your business and effective ways to seize them—through collaborative strategy development.
- Determine how to proceed from strategy to action—through landscaping, benchmarking, and initiative design, and by tapping FSG’s extensive stakeholder networks.
- Support implementation through internal alignment, partnership brokering, and coalition building.
- Design measurement and learning systems to track both social and business outcomes and to enable incremental value creation.
Tools and Resources
- “Creating Shared Value,” Harvard Business Review
Read the original article on the topic by Professor Michael Porter and Mark Kramer.
- “Innovating for Shared Value,” Harvard Business Review
Learn the 5 practices that enable companies to engage in social innovation.
- “The Ecosystem of Shared Value,” Harvard Business Review
How companies can collaborate to capture the economic benefits of social progress.
- Are you ready for shared value?
Take the diagnostic to assess your organization’s readiness for implementing shared value.
- See all shared value resources >
- Shared value blog >