Growing Livelihood Opportunities for Women
Roadmap to Gender Equity for Last-Mile Delivery Operations
Logistics companies can implement 17 low-cost interventions to improve gender equity in their last-mile delivery operations
Why should logistics companies aim to improve gender equity in last-mile delivery operations?
- Access to a large pool of additional candidates
- Lower absenteeism
- Improved brand perception among customers
- Improved work culture
Why do last-mile delivery operations have low gender diversity today?
- Low priority given to hiring women
- Limited capability to hire women
- Inability to find women who know how to drive and have two-wheelers
- Low ability to retain women
How can logistics companies make last-mile operations more gender-equitable?
- Build the organization’s capability: Train recruiters and managers on how to hire and retain women
- Demonstrate commitment: To increase motivation of recruiters and managers, start recognizing and rewarding recruiters and managers prioritizing gender equity
- Enhance working conditions: To retain women, explore modifying the role and strengthening infrastructure
To start your gender diversity journey, download the gender equity roadmap >
If you want support implementing this roadmap, email us at GLOW@fsg.org.