Roadmap to Gender Equity for Flexi-Staffing Companies
Based on fieldwork with recruiters in 5 states, interviews with 100+ employees at 10+ flexi-staffing (FS) companies, research with 6,600 women, and interviews with clients of flexi-staffing companies, GLOW has developed a roadmap for FS companies to start delivering on their gender equity priority.
Why should FS companies aim to improve gender diversity?
- Meet existing client demand for female candidates
- Increase placement fee revenue due to better retention
- Win new business from large diversity-focused clients
Why do FS companies have low gender diversity today?
- Recruiters do not have the skills to hire women quickly
- Recruiters are not motivated to change practices to hire women
How can FS companies become more gender diverse?
- Reward and recognize recruiters: To increase recruiter motivation, start recognizing recruiters hiring women each month and offer a gift voucher to the top recruiter every month
- Build the organization’s capability: To skill recruiters, set up a monthly training program to increase overall productivity and female hiring
- Strategically position the company: To gain market share, start publishing gender diversity credentials and pitching for exclusive diversity mandates
To start your gender diversity journey, download the gender equity roadmap >
If you want support implementing this roadmap, email us at GLOW@fsg.org.