We seek highly motivated, data-driven, creative problem solvers who bring diverse perspectives and experiences. Other key attributes we value include:
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Analytical rigor.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Enthusiasm for team-based work.
- Action orientation.
- Structured and clear communication skills.
- Ability to effectively engage and partner with diverse stakeholders.
- Technical expertise (relevant to the position).
Most consulting staff members also have significant experience working with consulting, business, or nonprofit organizations and demonstrate the following.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Experience in strategy consulting or other relevant experience (e.g., conducting research and data analysis to develop structured and compelling strategic recommendations)
- Experience applying equity and inclusion principles (e.g. disaggregating data, addressing disparities between populations and/or designing culturally appropriate interview guides, etc.)
- An understanding of the world’s pressing social challenges and a passion for social change.
Candidates applying for positions in one of our U.S. offices must be eligible to work in the United States and should be fluent in English. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
Candidates applying for positions in the Geneva office must be eligible to work in Switzerland and should be fluent in French or German, in addition to English.
Candidates applying for positions in the Mumbai office must be fluent in English. Proficiency in Hindi and other Indian languages is a plus.
We aim to create an experience that gives candidates a clear picture of our firm, our teams, and the consulting work we do with clients and allows candidates to showcase their unique skills and talents. The following overview represents our typical recruiting process, though it may differ by role.
- Application review (all applications should be submitted via fsg.org/careers; cover letters can be addressed to the FSG Recruiting Team)
- Phone interview
- First round interview (in-person or video conference)
- Second round interview (in-person)
- Reference checks
- Offer decision
For candidates applying for roles on our consulting team, we strongly encourage you to learn more about our client projects and our consulting services. We also recommend you read the following articles: "Collective Impact," "Creating Shared Value," "Catalytic Philanthropy," and "Systems Change in a Polarized Country."
If you are new to consulting case interviews, we suggest you spend some time familiarizing yourself with this approach. FSG’s consulting case interviews are based on actual FSG client projects. After reviewing a summary of the client problem and accompanying qualitative and quantitative data on your own, you will discuss your findings with the interviewer. We are looking for candidates to articulate a clear recommendation for the client that is grounded in the data.
Our people are our most valuable asset. Regardless of the level at which you join, we look forward to supporting your growth and development. Our culture is based on continuous learning and supportive feedback. We recognize that developing each individual’s skills and knowledge is vital to the ongoing success of our firm.
We work with each individual on professional development to help promote personal and professional success.
Our typical consulting career path follows this trajectory:
Associate > Consultant > Senior Consultant > Associate Director > Director > Managing Director
We offer competitive compensation and exceptional employee benefits. Salaries are commensurate with professional experience and education, and they are highly competitive with those of other nonprofit organizations.
We offer generous vacation, holiday, personal, and sick day policies and provide health coverage for our employees and their immediate family members.
Employees also receive the following benefits.
- Eligibility for parental leave.
- Monthly cell phone and internet allowance.
- Professional development stipend.
- Eligibility for a tenure-based sabbatical program.
Exact policies vary by country (India, Switzerland, and the United States). For our U.S. employees, we also offer life and disability insurance, the option to contribute to a 401(k) plan, and the option to participate in an FSA. All benefits are subject to change.
Working at FSG
- Collaborative and analytical approach to our work.
- Emphasis on individual growth and professional development.
- Personable, collegial, and inclusive team.
- Smart and fun work environment, even while tackling serious global challenges.