Following on heels of our recent Leadership Summit, there continues to be a buzz about Creating Shared Value.
Here are some recent shared value articles to add to your summer reading list:
- Matthew Bishop writes “Raising The Bar on CSR” on his Philanthrocapitalism blog and incites comments from Novartis’s Dorje Mundle and FSG’s Mark Kramer.
- The Financial Times piece “Benefits flow as top people join” (requires login) mentions organizations like Unilever, Nesté, Coca-Cola, and Pepsi that are investing in shared value.
- “Three Examples of Shared Value in Action” from Forbes.com are Adidas, BMW, and H.J. Heinz. Look for FSG’s Mike Stamp’s comments below the article.
- In Rick Spence’s Financial Post article, “Shared value unlocks neglected opportunities,” he refers to shared value as a “chance to build a new future, for your business and perhaps for your community, too.”
- Shared value was mentioned as a theme at this year’s GBCHealth 2011 conference in Women Deliver’s “The Power of Business to Impact the Health of Girls and Women.”
- "The Bottom of the Pyramid" from The Economist, shares examples of how businesses are reconceiving products and markets for Americans in poverty.
- For even more resources on Creating Shared Value, click here.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, as well as any new examples of organizations practicing shared value.