How We Work
- Explore issues from a systems perspective, looking deeply at context, connections, and patterns, and incorporating multiple perspectives into our work.
- Elevate those with lived experience to help shape system change solutions.
- Support collaboration across sectors, including with corporations and governments, to forge cross-sector coalitions to tackle large-scale problems to produce systems change.
- Provide training, webinars, coaching, and technical assistance to build the field’s capacity to apply a systems thinking lens to their work.
- Contribute to the field through publications and tools that support systems thinking and change.
Systems Thinking Projects
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Supporting a Culture of Health through Emergent Strategy at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Grand Rapids Community Foundation
Assessing the Challenge Scholars program to improve college access.
- The California Endowment
Assessing the progress of the Building Healthy Communities initiative.
- Early Matters
Accelerating progress on early childhood education in Houston, Texas.
- See more systems thinking client projects >
- System Mapping in Action
- See all system thinking blog posts >
- Guide to Trend Mapping
- Guide to Appreciative Inquiry
- See all systems thinking tools and resources >
- “Systems Change in a Polarized Country”
Mark Kramer's Stanford Social Innovation Review article on how foundations are adopting systems change in the current political environment.
- Evaluating Complexity: Propositions for Improving Practice
Propositions that can help evaluators navigate the unique characteristics of complex systems, and improve their evaluation practice.
- Evaluating Ecosystem Investments
In partnership with Omidyar Network, FSG identifies 5 effective practices in evaluating ecosystem investments and highlights examples of these practices in action.
- “The Dawn of System Leadership”
Co-authored by Peter Senge, Hal Hamilton, and John Kania, this article illustrates the core capabilities required for system leadership through the stories of successful practitioners.
- See all systems thinking publications >