Selected Collective Impact Client Projects
- Early Matters
Coalition for early childhood education in Houston, Texas.
- The UCSF Preterm Birth Initiative
Reducing preterm birth in Fresno, California.
- Tackling Youth Substance Abuse Initiative
Staten Island Foundation.
- Dallas Children's Medical Center
Coalition for reducing childhood asthma.
- See more collective impact client projects >
PLANNING SUPPORT FOR DESIGN AND LAUNCH OF COLLECTIVE IMPACT INITIATIVES
- Assessing feasibility for collective impact.
- Identifying key partners and building coalitions.
- Defining the need and creating a call to action.
- Developing and facilitating different levels of engagement for stakeholders.
- Conducting secondary research on analogous efforts.
- Creating a common vision and drafting a detailed action plan.
- Documenting the collective impact design process.
FACILITATION OF STRATEGY SELECTION
- Developing work plans and building capacity.
- Developing and supporting work groups.
- Conducting issue-specific research.
DEVELOPMENT OF SHARED MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
- Conducting baseline data analysis.
- Developing common goals and shared measures.
- Mapping landscape of data availability and data capacity.
- Exploring long-term data management options.
EVALUATION OF COLLECTIVE IMPACT EFFORTS
- Designing and implementing evaluation of collective impact efforts at different stages of maturity.
- Developing mixed method approaches to match the specific evaluation needs of the collective impact effort.
COLLECTIVE IMPACT COACHING
- Providing customized coaching services to collective impact initiatives at all stages: forming, emerging, and mature collaboratives.
- FSG can provide light-touch coaching assistance for leaders working on the areas listed above.
Orange County Community Foundation
Methodist Healthcare Ministries
Aspen Forum for Community Solutions
The Staten Island Foundation
How We Work
- Engage stakeholders and beneficiaries in the design process.
- Reflect a systems orientation that acknowledges that social problems are complex and dynamic.
- Build capacity of key stakeholders to work effectively in emergent and adaptive ways.
- Communicate findings and facilitate dialogue in ways that are accessible to multiple stakeholders.
- We aim to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), through the questions we ask, the way we analyze data, how we engage with others, and the recommendations we make on strategy and partnerships.
Tools and Resources
“Collective Impact,” Stanford Social Innovation Review
Read the original article on the topic by Mark Kramer and John Kania.
“Channeling Change: Making Collective Impact Work”
Explore examples and guidance for those who seek to initiate and lead collective impact initiatives.
“How Do You Successfully Put Collective Impact into Action?”
Principles for how to put collective impact into practice.
- Are you ready for collective impact?
Assess your organization’s feasibility for implementing collective impact.
- Research Study: When Collective Impact Has an Impact
Conducted by a research team from ORS Impact and Spark Policy Institute.
- Collective impact blog >