Champions for Change: Leading a Backbone Organization for Collective Impact
Our longest-running and most popular training, hosted by the Collective Impact Forum in partnership with the Tamarack Institute.
A strong backbone team—staff dedicated to guiding a cross-sector group of stakeholders toward a common goal—is a critical component of collective impact. We invite you to join a group of collective impact leaders for a three-day workshop designed for leaders of backbone teams from collective impact initiatives.
Through this workshop, we look forward to providing professional development to backbone leaders; creating peer learning among backbone leaders; and generating new insights on the work of backbone organizations for the field. Topics to be explored include:
- Clarifying the roles and leadership characteristics of the backbone organization
- Incorporating an equity lens in your collective impact work
- Engaging the community in your initiative
- Fostering collaboration with funders, partners, and stakeholders
- Developing and learning from shared measurement
- Evaluating collective impact
- Sustaining a collective impact initiative over the long term