FSG offers comprehensive support in the design and launch of collective impact efforts, including planning support, facilitation of strategy selection, and analysis and guidance for the development of shared measurement systems. We also offer evaluation of collective impact efforts at different stages of maturity.
- Assessing feasibility for collective impact.
- Identifying key partners and building coalitions.
- Defining the need and creating a call to action.
- Developing and facilitating different levels of engagement for stakeholders.
- Conducting secondary research on analogous efforts.
- Creating a common vision and drafting a detailed action plan.
- Documenting the collective impact design process.
- Developing work plans and building capacity.
- Developing and supporting work groups.
- Conducting issue-specific research.
- Conducting baseline data analysis.
- Developing common goals and shared measures.
- Mapping landscape of data availability and data capacity.
- Exploring long-term data management options.
- Designing and implementing evaluation of collective impact efforts at different stages of maturity.
- Developing mixed method approaches to match the specific evaluation needs of the collective impact effort.
- Providing customized coaching services to collective impact initiatives at all stages: forming, emerging, and mature collaboratives.
- FSG can provide light-touch coaching assistance for leaders working on the areas listed above.
How We Work
- Engage stakeholders and beneficiaries in the design process.
- Reflect a systems orientation that acknowledges that social problems are complex and dynamic.
- Build capacity of key stakeholders to work effectively in emergent and adaptive ways.
- Communicate findings and facilitate dialogue in ways that are accessible to multiple stakeholders.
- We aim to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), through the questions we ask, the way we analyze data, how we engage with others, and the recommendations we make on strategy and partnerships.