Global Development Projects
- Gold Fields
Designing initiatives to improve the community and the competitiveness of local suppliers.
- Mercy Corps
Developing strategy for shared value partnerships.
Developing a strategy for workforce development and training.
- See more global development client projects >
Drawing from our team’s on-the-ground experience in more than 50 developing countries, our work incorporates FSG’s concepts of catalytic philanthropy, shared value, inclusive markets, and collective impact to advance sustainable change at scale in the following areas.
- Sustainable agriculture: Value chain sustainability, farm-level production systems, smallholder livelihoods, and certification systems across a range of production systems including cocoa, vanilla, rice, palm oil, peanuts, dairy, fisheries, and forestry.
- Enterprise development: Private sector development strategies, small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) development, entrepreneurship, impact investing, and inclusive markets.
- Access to finance: Microfinance, microcredit, impact investing, SME financing, mobile banking, and rural agricultural finance.
- Education: Early childhood education, youth learning, workforce development, and entrepreneurship education.
- Workforce development: Private sector talent development, market-driven training, universities and training centers, and regional workforce collaboratives.
- Women and girls: Female empowerment, social norms, health, education, and workforce development.
- Technology and development: Digital literacy, access to information and communications technology (ICT), education technology, and entrepreneurship development.
- Affordable housing: Low-income housing market and value chain analysis, ecosystem development, industry facilitation, and human-centered design.
- Sanitation: Toilet market and value chain analysis, customer demand drivers and segmentation, financing needs, and ecosystem assessment.
ruth levine, Director, Global Development and Population Program
The william and flora hewlett foundation
How We Work
Our global development services range from targeted efforts that address specific questions to in-depth, multi-year engagements that accompany clients and funders from early stage vision through the implementation of major initiatives.
- Customized consulting: Providing strategy, business planning, landscaping and benchmarking analysis, customer needs assessments, and implementation support to individual clients and multi-actor initiatives.
- Impact-focused evaluation: Designing evaluation systems and conducting evaluations to demonstrate impact and improve decision making and performance.
- Industry facilitation and coalition development: Fostering ecosystem development, structured collaborations, cross-sector initiatives, and market-based approaches focused on addressing complex, dynamic systems change.
- Cutting edge research: Developing and disseminating fresh insights, knowledge briefs, and practical tools to improve sector effectiveness.
Research and Tools
- Ahead of the Curve
Insights for the international NGO of the future.
- “Shaping Global Partnerships for a Post-2015 World”
This article provides lessons and best practices from 6 diverse initiatives on applying the collective impact approach on a global scale, including how to provide strong governance for global collaborative efforts.
- Shared Value in Emerging Markets
How multinational corporations are redefining business strategies to reach poor or vulnerable populations.
- See all global development publications >
- See all global development tools and resources >