Education & Youth Projects
- Early Matters
Accelerating progress on early childhood education in Houston, Texas.
- Grand Rapids Community Foundation
Assessing the Challenge Scholars program to improve college access.
- Statewide Collective Impact Reform for Juvenile Justice
The New York State Juvenile Justice System.
- See more education & youth projects >
- P-16 system reform: Aligning education systems and policies, from preschool to K–12, higher education, and workforce entry.
- Innovation and school choice: Unleashing the potential of technology and ensuring that a range of high-quality school options exist to meet the needs of all students.
- Student success: Helping more students across the education pipeline attend quality schools, achieve at high levels, and attain degrees.
- System and school effectiveness: Building the capacity of schools, school districts, post-secondary institutions, and state agencies in areas such as human capital, performance management, and student support services.
- Youth development and support: Ensuring that youth have their basic needs met, have access to quality out-of-school programs, and receive the support of engaged and informed parents and communities.
- Corporate involvement in education: Developing shared value and philanthropic strategies, evaluation approaches, and signature philanthropic programs for corporations to support public education.
FSG let us be very involved all along the way and they were open to our feedback. That collaboration made us feel very confident that we would not end up with an evaluation that in some way could be misread. They were very collaborative, very responsible, and very responsive.
Lisa goldschmidt, Director, Digital
Student achievement partners
How We Work
- Customized consulting: Providing strategy, business planning, and implementation support.
- Impact-focused evaluation: Designing evaluation systems and conducting evaluations to improve decision making and performance.
- Cutting edge research: Developing and disseminating fresh insights, knowledge briefs, and practical tools to improve sector effectiveness.
- Advancing collective impact: Developing and supporting multi-stakeholder initiatives to align education systems and supporting community actors to improve youth outcomes.
Research and Tools
- Improving the Odds
Seven principles for investing in early care and education.
- Learning Gets Personal
How Idaho students and teachers are embracing personalized learning through Khan Academy.
- Self-Directed Learning at Summit Public Schools
A case study on the whole-school model to put student agency and self-direction at the center.
- A Market for Success
How a robust service provider market can help community colleges deliver success.
- Collective Impact for Opportunity Youth
A proven framework for communities to improve outcomes for Opportunity Youth, the nearly 7 million Americans between 16 and 24 who are neither employed nor in school.
- See all education and youth publications >
- See all education and youth tools and resources >