Economic Development Projects
- ESL Federal Credit Union
Shared value strategy for affecting consumer prosperity and business growth in the Rochester, New York metropolitan area.
- Gold Fields
Designing initiatives to improve the community and the competitiveness of local suppliers.
- Coca-Cola Brazil
Developing a shared value strategy for workforce development and training.
Creating a signature initiative to bring technology education to high school students.
- See more economic development client projects >
- Opportunity youth and workforce development: Develop initiatives and partnerships that invest in the education, training, and career success of vulnerable populations.
- Asset building, financial empowerment, and community economic development. Developing strategies to create greater economic opportunity and build wealth for both individuals and communities.
- Cluster development and regional economic competitiveness: Developing pre-competitive partnerships between economic agents to improve industry performance and regional economic vitality.
- Small business and supplier development: Building the capabilities of small businesses and local suppliers to improve the strength of economic regions.
- Creating market opportunities to serve low-income consumers / bottom of the pyramid: Designing and validating new business models that work for low-income segments, and addressing barriers to scaling.
How We Work
- Customized consulting: Providing strategy, business planning, and implementation support.
- Strategic evaluation: Designing evaluation systems and conducting evaluations to support data-informed decisions.
- Cutting-edge research: Developing and disseminating fresh insights, knowledge briefs, and practical tools to improve the effectiveness of organizations investing in economic development.
- Advancing collective impact: Developing and supporting initiatives to align the efforts of local stakeholders toward economic development.
- Shared value strategy development: Designing and implementing business strategies that create business value for corporations while contributing to local economic development.
Research and Tools
Investing in Entry-Level Talent: Retention Strategies that Work
Practices for business leaders, nonprofits, workforce organizations, and foundations working improve economic opportunity for American workers.
- Disrupting Poverty: Coming Together to Build Financial Security for Individuals and Communities
Learn lessons and best practices from 6 projects striving to build financial security and assist individuals and the broader community.
- Partners for a Competitive Workforce
A case study on a collective impact initiative in Cincinnati, Ohio, which provides job seekers and employers with the skills and talent they need to build the workforce.
- See all economic development publications >
- See all economic development tools and resources >
- Economic development blog >